1. EMV solves the wrong problem – and an old one at that.
2. It’s not really clear that we have a real problem to solve.
3. EMV makes the wrong people pay
4. EMV does nothing to help in the short term.
5. EMV is taking our eye off the real threat.
6. EMV is taking our eye off the real opportunity.
As a technical guy, I don't care who pays for it (#3): eventually, it's us - consumers - who pay for everything.
I disagree with #5: ACH and bank transfer threats (and solutions) are completely different from merchants' payments security problems.
I would agree with #6 but I don't see "real opportunity": there is no mature payment technology available today that could become a real alternative to EMV. Crypto-payments (Bitcoin & Co.) is very promising trend but based on recent series of failures it is still on early proof of concept stages. And there is no single mobile payments technology that is secure enough to be accepted by mainstream consumers.